The very reason folks do not use emails for sensitive communications is because it they are never secure and you cannot delete them from the servers. Just ask Cheney, he tried to delete all the White House emails when the war investigations began. And now it turns out that Hillary Clinton created an entire separate email account. The news papers reported that while Clinton was secretary of state, she used a private account for all of her official correspondence, and that the account was set up on the day of Clinton's confirmation hearing, which appears to be an end-run around federal government regulations as of 2009. So what?
There is no wrongful conduct here. No illegality. No substantial evidence of anything other than business as usual. As usual the GOP has been trying to turn this into a scandal. They have been trying to pin scandal on her for years, and after hundreds of millions of our taxpayer dollars they have come up with nothing. Furthermore, I have seen no evidence that Obama hates Clinton. In fact, it was the White House that was first to come out and say that she had done nothing out of the ordinary or even wrong in her emails while serving as SOS. The facts indicate that she did nothing wrong and yet for the GOP this is a massive issue?
Here is a short list of her accomplishments. Remember, just because you weren't paying attention does not mean that she did not accomplish anything.
1. She was very successful as first lady, building coalitions around the world for women's issues, education, nutrition and equality. One could say that the meat of the Clinton initiative was her doing.
2. As SOS she helped the president bring Russia and China into the fold regarding sanctions against Iran.
3. She helped give the world the single most powerful nuclear proliferation treaty we have ever had. She helped get the SALT treaty back into effect after our last president let it lapse. For four years she kept Japan and China from starting WWIII. She rebuilt dozens of relationships all over the world.
4. When this president took office we had very few friends left, even in Europe. That isn't bashing it is simply a fact. Germany, England and France were still very offended over previous transgressions, yet now they are standing right beside us in the fight against ISIL.
5. She built relationships with countries we have never had relationships with before.
The list is really quite long and you should be aware of the achievements that are on it. Hillary Clinton has given years of service to our nation and deserves the respect a statesman of her caliber deserves. When compared to whichever criminal troglodyte the GOP nominates Hillary will always come out looking like Mother Teresa.
Sign in with Facebook to comment:
Sign in with Facebook